Anime Empire
WELCOME TO ANIME EMPIRE
Anime Empire
WELCOME TO ANIME EMPIRE
Anime Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Empire

The Empire of Anime

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Anime Empire!->BE ACTIVE AND RESPECT OTHERS!

Blazblue Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Minato Arisato
Baron
Baron
Minato Arisato

Warning Level : No warnings, clean sheet
Male Posts : 142
Humor : I will "Burn My Dread!"

Blazblue Thread Empty
PostSubject: Blazblue Thread   Blazblue Thread EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Blazblue Thread Blazblue

BlazBlue is a traditional 2D fighter where two characters participate in a duel on a two dimensional plane. A round is called a "rebel" and one match can consist of one to five "rebels". To win a round, one player must either incapacitate the other by inflicting damage through various attacks to reduce health or by having more remaining health after the clock runs out if the rules of the match has one.

Every character has a weak, medium and strong attack. Also every character has a "unique" technique, called a Drive attack, which is different for each character. Those attacks are also known as "A", "B", "C" and "D". Various combos can be performed by every character through careful input of regular and drive attacks. A combo consists of two or more consecutive attacks that hit an opponent without them retaliating. As combos become longer, each attack will do less damage than normal to give the opponent a chance to retaliate. Grabs can be incorporated into combos also by pressing the "B" and "C" buttons at the same time. Occasionally, some attacks (e.g. Jin's Hirensou) will use portions of the player's heat gauge at the bottom of the screen. The heat gauge is filled by either dealing or receiving damage. When at a certain percentage, special moves called "distortion drives" can be performed. When a distortion drive is successfully performed and connects with the opponent, it deals massive damage and is visually flashier than normal attacks.

Along with attacks every character has two types of block. One is the regular block that can be broken with a "guard crush". That can be achieved by pushing the "guard libra" gauge all the way to the opponent's side through repeated attacks. If the opponent keeps blocking, then their guard can be broken, leaving them open for attack. The second type of block is a barrier block, which is initiated by blocking while holding the "A" and "B" buttons at the same time. A barrier block cannot be broken like a normal guard, but there is a limit on how long one can be held, which is indicated by the barrier gauge. If the barrier gauge empties, then the player will receive 150% damage until it regenerates to half-full.

Back to top Go down
Dark Revolver
Knight of One
Knight of One
Dark Revolver

Warning Level : No warnings, clean sheet
Male Posts : 209
Humor : The most precious thing ever created by God is love

Blazblue Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blazblue Thread   Blazblue Thread EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:48 am

I really don't have the time looking for more threads such as this one... but I'm sorry if I found this one this time. Hahahah Very Happy

------

Yes, the first one (Calamity Trigger) have the most easiest ways to make combos, such as Jin, Ragna, etc. Too easy to do some spams, but sadly most of the network players doesn't like it at all.

When the second one (Continuum Shift) was released, this have many balanced tweaks, frames, nerf-sized attacks. It became 'incapable' in making spam moves (ex. 214A, delay--> 214D.. alot harder at the second one), too hard to make combos, Barrier guard isn't a good one since it won't hold most of the attacks, and lastly the Burst weakens your normal guard system.

Also I tried playing Continuum Shift II, it improves a bit though. From harder to make combos, now it's easy to make one. But one thing has gotten worse, most of the characters in the game had nerfed. Sucks, I wanna do all the Belial Edge (j 214C) of Ragna using his drives.
Back to top Go down

Blazblue Thread
Page 1 of 1